Dr. John Peterson, D.C.
Doctor of Chiropractic
Dr. Peterson was first introduced to Chiropractic after he returned from serving two years as a missionary. He was in a great deal of pain and swelling in both knees, resulting from old injuries while playing football and basketball in high school. After exams, x-rays and arthroscopic surgery, he was told by an orthopedic sports specialist that his knees were deteriorating and that there was nothing more that could be done. The problem continued. Dr. Peterson went to see Dr. C. Keith White, DC in Glendale who examined him, viewed x-rays, began to adjust his low back and, for the first time in months, relief was evident. Within a few months, the pain and swelling had subsided and he was able to resume sports activities such as water skiing, racquet ball, and basketball. It was then that Dr. Peterson decided he wanted to help others in the same way and began his pre-med training at Brigham Young University, transferring to Pasadena College of Chiropractic in 1983.
Doc John, as he is known by his patients and friends, is very active in the community with Kiwanis, Key Club Adviser at local high schools, Special Olympics, Orange County High School All-Star Baseball game, and high school athletic and band events.
Growing up with Disneyland and the Angels, Doc John’s office decor reflects this interest and love of Orange County. He resides in Hacienda Heights with wife Kathleen and three remaining children at home of nine.
1986 - Pasadena College of Chiropractic, Pasadena, California
Doctorate of Chiropractic - President’s Honor Roll
1985 - Pasadena College of Chiropractic, Pasadena, California
Bachelor of Science, Human Biology
1980-1983 - Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
Pre-med Undergraduate Studies, Human Biology Major - Dean’s List
1977 - El Toro High School, El Toro, California
High School Diploma
1986 to present:
Private Practice Anaheim, California.
Supervising Doctor, Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, Whittier, California.
- 1984-1986: Chiropractic preceptorship under Dr. C. Keith White, DC, Glendale, California.
- Baseball (HUGE Angels fan—can often be seen at the game with his family)
- Disneyland with his family
Licensures & Certifications
- US National Board Certified; Chiropractic
- California State Chiropractic License
- California State Radiography License
- Community CPR, and Community First Aid and Safety.
Associations & Memberships
- American Chiropractic Association
- California Chiropractic Association
- Orange County Chiropractic Society
- Gonstead Clinical Society
- Council on Diagnostic Imaging of the ACA
- American Society of Radiology Technologists
- Anaheim Chamber of Commerce
- Kiwanis Club of Greater Anaheim, Past President